16/02/2011

D-SPACE

Ambiente and Frankfurt is finally over...........what a show! I've never ever been to an exhibtion so big, I can only describe it as disney world florida. A lot to take in..............Anyway as promised here is a little post about my current exhibition in Barnsley at the DMC, in the D-Space gallery.

I visited Barnsley for the first time a couple of weeks ago when I went to have a look at the exhibition space and was pleasantly suprised to see that the exhibition was going to be housed in the building below:

D-Space is a 12 month programme with various creatives exhibiting over the year each with a 6 week time slot. I was invited to open D-Space with the first 6 week slot.

Info:
D-Space is a contemporary gallery at the DMC in Barnsley. It is dedicated to showcasing digital innovation through the work of emerging and established regional, national and international artists, designers and makers. Our programme of exhibitions and events is designed to provide a platform for new ideas, collaboration, knowledge transfer and networking.

Opening Times:
10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday.
9th Feb - 18th March
Entry is FREE.

My exhibition will be officially opened on the 23rd of Feb by the inspirational designer Corin Mellor: (http://www.davidmellordesign.com/whoWeAre/cmBiography.php) I'm a fan of his plywood work.

The room is 12meter squared and the biggest space I've been allowed to fill, I think the results are great, I have laid out every single peice of work i have ever done since graduation in a timeline style, showcasing my portfolio from 2008 until Now.

Unfortunately the above image is the only one that i have, but as soon as i get a chance to get over there I will get some uploaded.

0 comments: